Insurance and Bad Debt

General information about Medisoft
jsugal

Insurance and Bad Debt

Post by jsugal » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi Mr. Walker,

I have 2 questions:
1. How do I pull up what patients have which Ins.? For example, I want to find out which patients have Humana Inc.

2. Also, patient balances are a real problem for us. We are in General Medicine so we deal with a lot of elderly patients. How can I get a list of which patients owe us money? Patient Aging doesn't give me a date range (or a year range). When I pull up Pt Aging remainder, I have a list of 71 pages of patients that owe us money back to 2009. I only want to view 2015-2016 and start from there. Is there a way to concise the list? Thank you so much for the help!

Gavin Walker

Re: Insurance and Bad Debt

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:10 pm

1. It sounds like you need a custom report. Keep in mind, in Medisoft patients don't have insurance, cases do. If you can mock up a report that you want including selection criteria, sort order, grouping, and how you want the totals, then we can do most reports for $180.
2. You should really consider upgrading to Medisoft v21 which has a write-off utility since you have so many old balances that you don't intend to get to. I have written a custom Patient Insurance Aging report that will let you select by a date range. The report is not accurate because you can select ranges where the charge might exist in the range and the payment does not, or vice versa. The report is yours "as-is" for $45 and you will need Medisoft Advanced v15 or higher.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386