User Special Permission

General information about Medisoft
HPDServices

User Special Permission

Post by HPDServices » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:57 pm

Hi, I have Medisoft v22. A client PC is a restored copy of another client. When I logged in as a different user (e.g. Nurse) than the one on the original client (billing) then Medisoft Account Security always asked for the Server's Admin credentials to allow this user Nurse to modify the database. But if logged in as user "billing" then no question asked. I opened the Properties of the Medisoft link and clicked Security tab, it showed all Users there: User "billing" has special permission and path to the desktop and User "Nurse" has Full control and no path. How do I make changes to the client that allows me to run Medisoft without being asked to enter Server's Admin credentials. The window message said something about "file located in this computer's hard drive". First time posted here and not much familiar with Medisoft since I only support the network in sporadic fashion. Thank you much.
Note: this is not the Security settings or Permission level set in the Medisoft's File tab.

Gavin Walker

Re: User Special Permission

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:18 am

When you say you are logged in as Nurse is that a Windows User or Medisoft User?
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386