Novatis Solutions Claims

General information about Medisoft
SHIREEN

Novatis Solutions Claims

Post by SHIREEN » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:40 pm

So I have my first batch of Medicare paper claims returned. In boxes 17, 32 and 33 they do not want any information other than the NPI # or MC #. How do I accomplish that? The NPI's are associated with referring physician names, facility address and Provider information in Medisoft.
Thank You, Shireen.

Gavin Walker

Re: Novatis Solutions Claims

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi Shireen, in Medisoft press F1 for Help and do a search for "clickable". Pull up the clickable CMS-1500 and click on the various boxes to get information on where to enter the information. :D
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

SHIREEN

Post by SHIREEN » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:24 pm

Yes, I did that when I was entering basic information. But it does not tell me how to accomplish what I need specific to medicare. They want NPI #'s ONLY to print not names addresses etc. I unchecked 'facility' box in facility entry, that did nothing. Now I have another problem, my referring physicians NPI #'S ARE ALL COMING UP WITH ONE NPI even although the correct name is coming up on the claim only one number is printing and it does not belong to the name?????????
Very frustrated with this software, it is just too cumbersome for a one physician practice.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:50 pm

You probably need to select File the Claim as a Group on the Provider PINs grid. Enter individual NPIs on the provider's grid and group NPIs on the practice IDs grid. So they are rejecting your claim because the provider's name is printing in box 17? This is the first I have heard that this is a problem.

SHIREEN

Post by SHIREEN » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:41 pm

Quote from Novatis rejection letter. 'When submitting claims. please use your NPI number only in blocks 17b, 24j, 32a, or 33a of the CMS 1500(02/12) claim form.'
I also verified this by phone. They said that they get all information connected to the NPI with just the number.

I will try your suggestion on clicking group.

Also, does your company offer a claims expert consult, think I could use that service.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:19 am

Block 17b is different than block 17, so that makes sense. We can work with you to get this setup with a month of Medisoft support.

SHIREEN

Post by SHIREEN » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:32 pm

Well now I am totally confused because of course I have NPI# 'only' in those fields. It was my understanding that they do not want any other info in 17, 32 OR 33. On further thought I think it is legacy #'s that they do not want. That would make a lot more sense. The letter is very confusing as I had other issues. How do I sign up for support?

SHIREEN

Post by SHIREEN » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:18 pm

Still having problems with referring NPI #s. my Medisoft is pulling up random numbers and attaching to the referring physician. I have everything entered correctly in the referral's listing. Some claims even went out with a 'DK' prefix instead of a 'DN' prefix even although they were entered in the correct box of the patients case. Something has corrupted my referral information. Any ideas?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Hmm, are these print image, paper, or ANSI 5010 claims?

SHIREEN

Post by SHIREEN » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:16 pm

Paper 1500 (02-12)

I noticed that it is my Medicare claims that are using DK instead of DN and ALL claims are now showing the same NPI# on all despite using the correct referral's name. This just started happening a couple of days ago, I must have inadvertently changed something in the software to cause this.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:45 pm

DK = Ordering Provider, DN = Referring Provider. DQ = Supervising provider. Since only 1 provider can print on the paper claim, Medisoft will use the following order to determine which provider to print from the case.

1. Referring
2. Ordering
3. Supervising

SHIREEN

Post by SHIREEN » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Yes, I understand all that. My fault with medicare claims printing DK. I had checked the 'print ordering physician' box. However all claims are showing the same NPI# no matter who the referring name is. It has something to do with loop 2420E.
I did not have that issue until the last couple of days so I changed something to cause this but can't figure it out. I left a message with the office to call me me about getting some support.
Thanks for the help so far.