Losing Connection

General information about Medisoft
stefan

Losing Connection

Post by stefan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:12 pm

I am running v15 network version. There is one workstation in the office that when I first log into medisoft there is no problem but when I try to change practices I get
\"Data Set Does Not Exist\" or Could not Connect to the database server.

After that I can see the practice list but cannot open any of the practices until I reboot the workstation.

I can still browse my network and even get the to medidata folder using the same UNC path as entered into medisoft.

I have unistalled and reinstalled medisoft and renewed my ip address on the computer but not luck.

Anybody have a similar problem or solution

Thanks

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Hold F7 when starting Medisoft and browse to the same server and share that the other workstations are using. Usually it is \\\\<server>\\Medidata
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

stefan

Post by stefan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Have tried that several times.

I can take that same path that I F7 into medisoft and put it into start / run and the medidata folder opens up.

I tried using the server name / Medidata and the IP address / Medidata

Same result.

I did notice for the first time today that I did not restart the workstation but after about 30 minutes I was able to log back in.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:33 pm

Try deleting your MWDBList files located in your Medidata folder. The first time you start up Medisoft, it will generate a new database list file. You will need to re-add all of your practices.