slow posting in deposit screen

General information about Medisoft
rhelfer

slow posting in deposit screen

Post by rhelfer » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:11 pm

Running windows 10, Medisoft V20 with hotfix on all machines 16 gb on server and wkstn with I5 processor. 1000 gb network. SSD on server c drive and data e drive as well as c drive workstation. Extremely slow posting payments on workstations but not on server. Was not slow before and when installed ssd was extremely fast for awhile. Since win 10 even slower. Nothing demanding in memory or on cpu in task mgr.

Any idea what to look for and should Medisoft but 5-6 times as slow on the workstation as the server?
Thanks
Bob

Gavin Walker

Re: slow posting in deposit screen

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:05 pm

Bob, I would suggest you get an actual Windows Server machine to be your server. You are probably using your router as your DNS server or even worse your Internet provider's server.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:24 am

Hi Gavin
But it was running very fast until lately so not sure what the difference is. All machines are plugged into a gb switch and the switch is plugged into the router so wouldn't this bypass the router? My server is dedicated and not used for anything other than to run advantage and house my shared files but runs on win 10. And this just happened recently.
Thanks
Bob

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:45 am

Gavin,
I disconnected all from the switch except the wkstn and the server, including the router cable. Results for working directly on the server when in the deposit list and applying payment to the oldest charge in the same patient, 5 sec. On the server saving the payments 6 seconds. Now on the wkstn applying payment to oldest same patient 45 seconds and saving payments 110 seconds. So with each transaction of applying payment and saving it, I am waiting almost three minutes! I have never noticed this problem before.
If you have any ideas please let me know.
Thanks
Bob

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:18 am

I even changed the switch and cables but same result. Could it be that once downloaded and installed win 10 pro that something got changed in settings or ads to slow it down?
Thnaks
Bob

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:39 am

I have ads ver 11.10.0.24. Is this the current and does my ver work with win 10?
Thanks

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:48 pm

You simply can't expect server performance out of a desktop computer. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a market for servers. What server are you using for your DNS on the workstations?

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:15 am

It was working great till I installed win 10 pro on the server. I had win 7 pro before. Server is an I 5 processor, 16 Gb mem, 2 SSDs. I feel like there is something blocking faster trough put on the server. All other functions of Medisoft are fast except applying and saving payments in the deposit list screen. This was extremely fast before win 10 install. Same machine just different results since win 10 install and only on deposit section of Medisoft. Workstations have same hardware and win 10 pro.
Medisoft on the server woks great in the deposit screen. Again, the deposit section is was slower than it has ever been before with much much less hardware.
I checked the power options as well on the server and everything is at high levels.
Any ideas?
Thanks

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:28 am

I am using a static IP on the server and dynamic on the workstation.

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:06 am

\\serverb\medidata\helfer Is that what you mean? Otherwise connected to server by static IP. Same as before but now much slower.

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:46 pm

Gavin,
Medisoft runs fine except for applying payment to oldest and saving payments in the deposit list. Then it is ten times slower than on the server. Do you think this is something you could help me with on a support call or does Medisoft just run this way?
Thanks
Bob

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:59 am

Bob, we can't troubleshoot performance issues unless you have recommended hardware. You might try closing zero balance cases (run the first step of the Archive process). That can make a big difference. See if the performance problem only occurs when you apply payments to a patient that has a case with lots of transactions. If so, then consider creating a new case and closing the old one when it reaches zero balance.

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi Gavin,
Thanks for trying to help me out on this one. I have a patient with many cases and so I closed the ones with zero balance that are no longer used. It still took the same amount of time as it did before I closed the cases. I also tried uncheck all options in the deposit screen, disable one drive, windows defender and turned power saving off. The only thing that is different than before it got so slow was win 10 install from win 7. If fact it is so much slower than when I had much less hardware. Something is in memory slowing it down. As I mentioned before, Ads used to load with standard settings and then upon win 10 I had to make ADS start delayed to get it to work. Perhaps that helps. I am at a loss.
Thanks again
Bob

rhelfer

Post by rhelfer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:08 am

What if I uninstalled ADS and reinstalled it?