SendClaim Re-launch

General information about Medisoft
Gavin Walker

SendClaim Re-launch

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:52 pm

McKesson has re-launched the SendClaim Claim Manager product as Revenue Management. There are two product offerings:
  • Offering #1: Revenue Management Advanced – Enhances current Medisoft and Lytec practice management applications with an EDI tool that works with the RelayHealth clearinghouse to provide improved EDI functionality including integrated eligibility, pre-claim edits, integrated report management and better ERA posting.

Option #2: Revenue Management Direct – Enables enhanced direct-to-payor connections that improve the functionality of current Medisoft and Lytec direct modules. Improve functionality includes pre-claim edits, a reports engine and better ERA posting.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:09 am

Ok, I have more information on this.

Revenue Management Advanced will be offered for free for all RelayHealth EDI clients who are on current V15 or 2009 versions for as long as you use RelayHealth. Revenue Management Direct will be available to all end users wishing to connect via direct access to payers as an annual subscription based solution (these end users will also need to be on current software versions). Revenue Management Direct customers get the first year's subscription for free. This promotion is valid from now until 9/30/2009. The planned software ship date is 9/7/2009.

Direct module sales/support will be phased out in the near future (no specific dates yet.)

Both offerings are extensions of the Medisoft and Lytec practice management (PM) solutions. They improve the EDI capabilities of our PM solutions whether you use the RelayHealth clearinghouse or connect direct to a payor or another clearinghouse.

Revenue Manager is not a replacement for RelayHealth. It is a tool that works with our core practice management solutions to improve the management of EDI transactions. For example, with Revenue Management, an end user gets improved functionality including pre-claim edits, a reports engine and better ERA posting. (The potential for improved functionality varies depending on the EDI solution that you currently have.)

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:37 pm

We use Medisoft but use Zirmed, not RelayHealth. Can/ should we buy Revenue Management? We are particularly interested in the ERA auto-posting.

Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi Tom, I am doing some checking to see if a Zirmed link is available.

Revenue Management also has a claim scrubbing piece that will find errors in your claims before you even send them to Zirmed. Assuming there is a Zirmed link, the cost is $900/practice/year and the first year is free if you get in on this promotion. I wouldn't hurt to try it free for a year. If you don't renew your subscription, then Revenue Management will simply stop working.

Some of the links do not have ERA Auto Posting for example. So I will try to find all that out for you.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:07 pm

We’ll have connections available to match up with all of our existing direct modules plus RelayHealth, Capario and Availity clearing houses. I’ve not yet gotten confirmation on connection to ZirMed but will continue to pursue an answer on this. It is likely they won’t commit to other clearing house connections until beta is completed for the other three mentioned above.

If you need me to develop a connection to Zirmed, I can do that, but it will cost around $3,000 for me to develop that.

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:48 am

Thank you for the info.

I did not see any further news on Zirmed, so I suppose that means there is not a connection there.