Error Invalid Floating Point

General information about Medisoft
sfpgroup

Error Invalid Floating Point

Post by sfpgroup » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:51 am

All of a sudden the system is generating this error when printing paper claims. This is new. I did the File Maintenance yesterday and it was fine. What could be wrong?
This is Medisoft V19 SP1, and Windows Server 2008 SP2, 15 uers.

Gavin Walker

Re: Error Invalid Floating Point

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:34 pm

Did you try running File Maintenance again? Try narrowing down which claim it is by running patients A-M and then N-Z. Continue to do half of the remaining list until you narrow down which claim it is. Also, you can try going to C:\Medisoft\Bin\MediUtils and running the Repair Payment Reference utility. Be sure to run a backup first and review the FixPax.log file that gets generated to see if any procedure/payment/adjustment codes need to be re-added to your database.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

sfpgroup

Post by sfpgroup » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:10 pm

Thank you Gavin. I did run the File Maintenance and the MedUtils and it did work yesterday. Today is back to the same error. I will run all of it again and check if any procedure/payment/adjustment codes are needed.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:14 pm

Check C:\Medisoft\Bin\FixPax.log and look for "Not Found". Is it continuing to find procedure/payment/adjustment codes are missing? If so add them and re-run repair payment references until no new entries are found. Is someone changing the code types of these codes in your database? When you run the process, there should be no new items showing up in the log.