e-MDs Purchase of Medisoft

General information about Medisoft
mbpros

e-MDs Purchase of Medisoft

Post by mbpros » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:05 pm

So, e-MDs bought Medisoft, Practice Choice, Lytec and others today. So, what does that mean for Medisoft? Is e-MDs going to continue Medisoft as it is (even if on a subscription basis) or are they going to require providers to switch to their program??

Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals

Gavin Walker

Re: e-MDs Purchase of Medisoft

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:59 am

Hey Steve, I just spent the past 3 days meeting with the new e-MDs team. The thing is, they are all the same people as we have been working with on the Medisoft, Practice Choice, and other products with the addition of some new e-MDs people. Keep in mind that the deal will go through in about 30 to 60 days so until then, it is business as usual. I plan to make everyone's transition as smooth as possible. In the meantime, e-MDs unveiled a quarterly or so release cycle starting with Medisoft v20. Once they have done a release or 2, then it will be called v21 and v21 will initially NOT be subscription based. Once they get everyone liking the new release schedule, THEN they may consider a subscription.

One of the first items on the agenda for Medisoft is batch eligibility checking that works with ANY clearinghouse. In addition, they are trying to streamline the reports while they are at it.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

mbpros

Re: e-MDs Purchase of Medisoft

Post by mbpros » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:54 am

Good news...I'm assuming when they do eventually go to subscription based that the desktop/server version will still be available and they will not only be cloud based?

AND one thing I STRONGLY encourage them to look at fixing (which I discussed in a previous post) is how RM does not properly check the LCDs. One thing they could consider doing, like Send Claim used to do, is a subscription pricing for RM for LCD checking...But right now it clearly is broken.

And they could also look at remit posting...too many claims are not found (for example, if you submitted with a modifier, but payer returned the 835 file without a modifier for a CPT).

Steve
Steven Zats
Medical Billing Professionals