Slowness

General information about Medisoft
dborders

Slowness

Post by dborders » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:15 am

Why all of a sudden when logging into medisoft v19 does it take forever to come up and also going from account to account? this was not happening when we first installed it?

Thank you

Dawn

Gavin Walker

Re: Slowness

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:32 am

Try this. Go into Internet Explorer and click the gear and go to Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings and make sure everything there is unchecked (unless you actually use a proxy server.)
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

cborders

Post by cborders » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:58 am

We have checked these settings and they are all unchecked on our machines. The account list comes up quickly. Type in user and password and the screen changes to that account however you don't have control of the mouse for aprox 22 seconds. After the 22 seconds the mouse changes to a pointer and the 'F11Quick Balance' shows up in the bottom menu. This happens on WinXP as well as Win 7. Both these pc's have Medisoft installed local. Trying to RDP to the server and running Medisoft yields the same result. Interestingly, an iPad connecting through RDP logs in and out of accounts with no delay.

jupdegraff

Post by jupdegraff » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:58 pm

Medisoft released a Hotfix for Medisoft 19 SP1 that may address your slowness issue. First verify what version your are on by going to the Help menu on the toolbar in Medisoft and then select About Medisoft...

You will find one of these as your current version.
#1. Version 19 (19.0.2.134)
#2. Version 19 SP1 (19.1.2.29)
#3. Version 19 SP1 (19.1.3.38)

If you find you are on #1 then you will need to download and install version 19 SP1 from our website this will take you to #2, as well as download and install the Hotfix to take you to #3. If you already have #2 installed then you will need to only install the Hotfix. Ultimately, when you are completely updated you should see (19.1.3.38)

You can download from: http://www.medtechsys.net/medisoft/service-packs/
Jim Updegraff
Network Administrator
MedTech Medical Management Systems

dborders

Post by dborders » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:27 pm

Thank you for the reply jupdegraff. I checked the versions on our pc's and server and all are already 19 SP1 (19.1.3.38)

jupdegraff

Post by jupdegraff » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Try running Medisoft from the server itself and see if you experience the same slowness issue, if you do then perhaps there are problems with the communication between Medisoft and the Advantage Data Server. If you don't have the same issue then there may be an issue with your network communication. Other things to check are Windows Firewall or other Software Firewalls running, try disabling. Anti-Virus software needs to exclude scanning your "Medisoft" (installed program location) and your "MediData" folders.
Jim Updegraff
Network Administrator
MedTech Medical Management Systems

cborders

Post by cborders » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:04 am

@jupdegraff
Just discovered something that may shed some light. After trying some of the suggestions above, this evening we had one of our employees over and she signed into medisoft and switched accounts with no delay. She is a level 2(security). Dawn and I are a level 1. When we sign in we have the 22 second delay before we have access to the account. When our girls sign in...no delay. I guess this is why none of our girls have been complaining about logging in and out of accounts. lol So, not sure what would be happening to level 1's that isn't happening to level 2's. I went through the permissions comparing level 1 & 2 but nothing obvious stuck out. Any ideas?

cborders

Post by cborders » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:19 am

Does anyone have any ideas here. In Medisoft Permissions, any user set up as a 'Level 2' can login and out of accounts with no issues. We have 2 users, Myself and Dawn, set up as 'Level 1', when we login and out of accounts, there is a 20+ second delay before we can move around in the account. It's like there is some processing going on as soon as you click 'Ok" to login. But it's only for Level 1.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:58 pm

We are finding the initial launch of Medisoft takes about 16 seconds, but subsequent launches of Medisoft only takes about 3 seconds. This is regardless of security level. File -> Open Practice takes about 3 seconds too. Initially, Medisoft does a "call home" to validate the serial number. Maybe your firewall isn't allowing Medisoft to call home so it is trying to do this process multiple times per day.

cborders

Post by cborders » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:14 pm

Gavin, thanks for the reply. I just logged into Medisoft as me(a Level 1) and it take the 20+ seconds to get control of the Account. I can then do a File Open Practice and use an account that is Level 2 and I get right in, no delay. Keep in mind that it doesn't matter who is logged into the newtork, this is just Medisoft.

cborders

Post by cborders » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:21 pm

I just created a test user as a level 2 and logged into the account, no delay. I then modified the user to a level 1 and relogged into the account and it took the 20+ seconds to be able to use the mouse. So, something is happening when a user is level 1 that doesn't happen when they are a level 2. Perhaps that is the validate serial number you are talking about but it seems like that would happen regardless of what level a user was.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:06 pm

We are having trouble reproducing this here. I will check around and see if anyone else has run into this.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:17 pm

Try this. First, make sure you have Medisoft v19 sp1 hotfix 1 installed on ALL computers that run Medisoft. Rename Medidata\ReportDefs folder to something. Restart Medisoft and it will create a new ReportDefs folder. Startup and Log into Medisoft a few times as both a level 1 and level 2 operator and compare the times. If you have any custom reports, you will need to rename the custom report folder back again and you'll need to work with a Medisoft reseller to clean it up.

cborders

Post by cborders » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:21 pm

Gavin,
Under Permissions/Mobile/Mobile Access All of our accounts have this checked for Level 1. When I uncheck this, all is good, no delay when logging in. Obviously some issue with security or something. Not sure what Medisoft is doing at login with this checked. But, at least we can login and out of accounts and get patients questions answered more quickly for now.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:34 am

Thank you Chris for taking the time to research this out. If you aren't using Medisoft Mobile, then you don't need the permission.