Medisoft 19 Hardware Requirements

General information about Medisoft
fplcsw

Medisoft 19 Hardware Requirements

Post by fplcsw » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am

What are the acceptable/recommended hardware specs for Medisoft 19? We are only planning to upgrade to the Patient Accounting/Office Hours; we do not need Medisoft Clinical. McKesson states that an i3 processor is recommended, though a vendor has told me that an i5 is recommended. I plan to upgrade the server and three workstations to Windows 7 Pro (64 bit); i3 processors; 3 GB RAM. We will have a 3 or 5 user license, though we rarely have more than two users at any given time. The network and NICs in the server/workstations are already gigabit.

Thanks!
-fplcsw

Gavin Walker

Re: Medisoft 19 Hardware Requirements

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:27 am

We recommend 4GB RAM on the workstations and Windows Server 2003 Standard sp2 or higher with 8GB RAM on the server. I would recommend a Xeon processor on the server and you can go with an i5 or AMD A series processor on the workstations.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

fplcsw

Post by fplcsw » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:22 am

We have been using Windows XP and consumer processors in our server since we bought our first version of Medisoft, aboutr 14 years ago. Are the demands of Version 19 drastically different from Version 14; enough to warrant a Xeon processor and Window Server? Keep in mind that we raraelt run reports, and that only one user is accessing data much of the time.

The problem we have at this point is the fact that we have already purchased i3 processors to upgrade one workstation, and the server. The 2nd workstation already has an i3, and the third workstation has an Athlon X3. McKesson states that the Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6GHz is their "recommended" configuration. It seems that the i3 and the X3 would be a step up from the Core 2 Duo. Given out light usage and minimum number of simultaneous users, would this hardware be acceptable, even if it's not optimal?

Thanks!

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:00 pm

You can setup a desktop to act as a server, but we don't recommend it. An i3 is Intel's economy line of processor and Core 2 Duo is older hardware and kind of hard to get now.