New install v19

General information about Medisoft
vra

New install v19

Post by vra » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:07 pm

I have been running v14SP1 patient accounting and OH on a single computer (Pentium-D), single user, for years. Now, with the new CMS forms going live April first and the impending arrival of ICD-10, I am updating to v19 Medisoft Basic accounting. I have another computer running win7 Pro 32-bit running on an Intel E8400 with 4 G Bytes DDR3 RAM, which I used to install the new software. The software installed fine. I tried to bring up my old backup from my prior computer. It seemed to work, converting the data to v19. Then I tried to backup the newly converted dataset. An error appeared:
"This option require other users to Exit the program.
Users [[ADSSYS], [ADSSYS]] detected."
There are no other users, this is a stand-alone computer not on a network and this is a solo practice. I don't understand where this error came from, I don't know how to fix it or how to log out those nonexistent users. Any help would be appreciated.
I closed the program without saving, went back in and tried again. This time I was successful. Was the problem just the data conversion?
Also, all the appointments in OH have come up with symbols in the right upper corner, question marks and file symbols. What is this? Is it just something new I'll need to learn or is it an error?

Gavin Walker

Re: New install v19

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Well, if it is working now, maybe it was just a fluke and you needed to restart Medisoft. Medisoft now includes Office Hours Pro which will show a symbol to indicate the status of the appointment.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

prosete

Post by prosete » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:45 pm

vra wrote: I tried to bring up my old backup from my prior computer. It seemed to work, converting the data to v19. Then I tried to backup the newly converted dataset. An error appeared:
"This option require other users to Exit the program.
Users [[ADSSYS], [ADSSYS]] detected."
There are no other users, this is a stand-alone computer not on a network and this is a solo practice. I don't understand where this error came from, I don't know how to fix it or how to log out those nonexistent users. Any help would be appreciated.
I closed the program without saving, went back in and tried again. This time I was successful. Was the problem just the data conversion?
Also, all the appointments in OH have come up with symbols in the right upper corner, question marks and file symbols. What is this? Is it just something new I'll need to learn or is it an error?
Ever since I've been using the Windows version of MS, I have had that error come up quite often, including with my current v17 SP2. Like you, I use a stand alone PC with a solo practice, no other users, the Advanced single user version, and I still get these errors. Only solution I have found, annoying and cumbersome as it may be, is to close the program, wait 15 - 20 min, and re-start it.

Have never seen or heard of a fix for what has become a routine error for MS.

docvicki

Post by docvicki » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:39 pm

I have the same problem and it's never been seriously addressed anywhere. I am a solo practice office with the basic v19 installed on MS Win7pro. Now I can't back up the practice info either. I'm becoming very disappointed in this version of Medisoft.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:34 am

The backup program that comes with Medisoft is error prone. You are much better off just using Windows Backup.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386