billing cycle

General information about Medisoft
EHCS

billing cycle

Post by EHCS » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:42 pm

We bill for a chiropractic clinic. Someone will come in everyday for 2 weeks sometimes. How do we make it not send a statement after every time the insurance pays on a specific date of service. We have 30 day cycle billing checked. But if we get an insurance payment for another date of service it will generate a bill for them and create a statement. We only want them to get bills every 30 days for all of their visits, not numerous bill each month depending on what has been paid by the insurance or not. Is there a setting we are missing?

Also I have it set to show the remainder balance on our statement manager grid. all of a sudden it has quite showing the balances on newly generated statements. We just installed v19 and I am not sure if it has been since then or what, but some of the statment balances show and the newly generated ones do not. We have a new practice that we sent statements on and done of the remainder balances are showing up.

Gavin Walker

Re: billing cycle

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:13 am

This is a known issue with the cycle billing feature of Medisoft. Offices that see patient's a regular basis like a chiropractor can't really use the cycle billing feature. I will let McKesson know again that this is an issue.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:48 am

Regarding your other question about the statement balances. Medisoft is notorious about letting balances get out of sync. We recommend running Recalculate Balances from File Maintenance before printing statements. An alternative, is if you add the Remainder Balance to the Statement Grid, you can then click the Refresh button and this will just recalculate the Statement Remainder Balances.

EHCS

Post by EHCS » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:07 pm

good to know....thanks!