Reporting for EHR MU attest supporting documentation

General information about Medisoft
clinicbilling

Reporting for EHR MU attest supporting documentation

Post by clinicbilling » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:50 am

We use v.17 as our practice management system and another EHR (linked via interface). I need to produce supporting documentation for our clinics patient volume, however, we were not using the EHR during the reporting period, so I must rely on Medisoft for the reports. The problem I'm running into is that I can't get the appropriate information to print on the reports. I've been trying to create a new report, but I cannot choose date of service as a data field and that is important if they are going to cross reference with the patient id numbers to make sure that the claims got paid.
How can I make an accurate report, pulling only certain information, (i.e. Medicaid ID, DOS, Claim status, but no name or DOB.)?

Gavin Walker

Re: Reporting for EHR MU attest supporting documentation

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:26 pm

we were not using the EHR during the reporting period
Then technically, you cannot attest to meaningfully using an electronic health record during that reporting period. Medisoft Practice Management System is not an EHR. You should select a reporting period during which you were using your EHR.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

clinicbilling

Post by clinicbilling » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:37 pm

what we are attesting to is just the volume of patients, and they specifically request that it is not from our EHR reporting period.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:47 pm

I think what they want is the Electronic Claims Analysis Summary for your Medicaid payers.