How to Change Data Path in Medisoft

General information about Medisoft
Gavin Walker

How to Change Data Path in Medisoft

Post by Gavin Walker » Sat May 31, 2008 11:13 pm

If you need to change Medisoft's data path, press and hold F7 while you start up Medisoft. You will be prompted for a new data path. Medisoft Network Pro requires that you browse to the same network share on all clients while Medisoft Advanced or Basic require that you browse to a path on a local disk.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

adancalderon

Changing Computer Name

Post by adancalderon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:14 pm

I've recently had an interesting encounter with Medisoft 14. The one computer it was installed on had an ugly name. So I changed the name and rebooted. As soon as I started the program, it complained about the path. I thought no big deal. I typed in the new network path and it loaded.

Here is the interesting part. As soon as I selected the practice and I tried to open it it, I got a strange error message. It was along the lines of \"This data doesn't exist...\" I don't know why this occurred. But I went ahead and installed the tutorial data and that worked.

So I kept pondering on the issue until I finally changed the name back on the computer. Again I restarted and PC and Medisoft complained. I changed the path and the old data started to work, but now that tutorial data did not. I went ahead and deleted the tutorial data and reinstalled it.

The Point being that something about the application does not like having the name changed. In previous times when I moved that data to a different computer I''ve always done restores from a usb drive so I had not encountered this.

-Adan

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:12 am

Yes, in Medisoft Network Pro, the list of practices actually contains the full UNC path to the data. So if you move your Medidata folder or even rename the machine that contains the folder, then you must delete out all the practices in the practice list and readd them back in. Don't worry, deleting a practice doesn't actually remove any data, it just removes the practice from the list. Adding the practice back in will re-add it with the correct UNC path.

sathish_kaizen

Re: How to Change Data Path in Medisoft

Post by sathish_kaizen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi, I'm using Medisoft 17 SP2 Net Pro on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64 Bit system. Not able to change the data path by holding F7 and press enter but using mouse double click instead of enter button I'm getting popup window to change data path. But I want to change data path by holding F7 and press enter because I cannot carry mouse all the time with my laptop.

Please give me any solution.

Thanks in Advance

Gavin Walker

Re: How to Change Data Path in Medisoft

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Try pressing Enter and then press F7. If you are fast enough, it should work.