Process for Catching Date Errors for a Month

General information about Medisoft
sp655

Process for Catching Date Errors for a Month

Post by sp655 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:58 pm

New to Medisoft, so bear with me. Working with V17. I am looking for an easy way to catch date entry errors for a month's worth of entries. I ran the Patient Day Sheet with the Created Dates, then the From dates and have discrepancies on the Patient Day Sheet Summary Sheet. The Payment Day Sheet sorts by date, but the Procedure Day Sheet sorts by Procedure, then Chart, THEN date. Is there a report that posts all entries sorted by date, or a way to get the Procedure Day Sheet to sort by date? Also, is there a way to get a Summary Sheet at the end of the Procedure Day Sheet like you get with the Patient Day Sheet? All this is probably something you need custom reports for. Thanks so much.

Gavin Walker

Re: Process for Catching Date Errors for a Month

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

What you can do is create a custom version of the Transaction List that sorts by date.

In Medisoft, go to Reports -> Design Custom Reports and Bills -> File -> Open Report -> Transaction List -> OK -> File -> Report Properties -> Data Filters -> Sort By

Click drop down and select Date From, Chart Number, Transaction Type

Click OK -> File -> Save

Give the report a name such as 1. Transaction List by Date. Enter a 1 to make the report name filter to the top of the list of reports.

Close out of Design Custom Reports and Bills.

Now in Medisoft go to Reports -> Custom Report List

And find and run the report template you just saved.

Kind of long winded, but if you were able to follow all of that, now you have a custom report that sorts the way you want.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

sp655

Post by sp655 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:23 am

Hi Gavin - that is a great start. However, it doesn't give me the option to run the report by Date Created. I work with multiple providers and need to run by the week I worked on Provider A and see if what I entered falls within the month for that provider. Report only gives me the option to run the FROM date which will only list the correct dates and not CREATED date where I might have entered the wrong year or month. Thanks.

sp655

Post by sp655 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:01 am

Sorry I didn't "follow the directions" well enough and now see where I can sort by Date Created as an option. I created the first report as you told me and it does sort by Date From, oldest to newest. However when I choose the Sort by Date Created for a second report, it does not sort oldest to newest - it is doing some sort of sort, but not sure how to describe it. I was hoping to get the same date result (oldest to newest) that Sort by Date From, Chart, Trans option gave me. I am going to keep experimenting. Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Keep in mind, Date Created is the date/time on your computer's clock when you entered a transaction. Date From is the From Date that you typed in when you entered the transaction. Since the Transaction List prints Date From on the report, if you sort the report by Date Created, the dates can seem to print in a random order depending on the order you typed them in. It sounds like maybe you want to select by Date Create, but sort by Date From. It should be possible to add a selection criteria by Date Created.

sp655

Post by sp655 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:11 pm

AWESOME - it worked!! I can now list all transactions chronologically by Date Created or by Date From from this one report. This is going to make work life much better. Thank you so much :)

sp655

Post by sp655 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:46 pm

(Try this again...) I know it is asking a lot, but I would love to have the "Date Created is Between x, x" show up on this custom Transaction report like it does the Day Sheets. I am working on it, but no luck so far. Thanks.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:37 am

There is not a way to do that in this report designer. If you need that feature, then you need to get Medisoft Reports Pro. In Reports Pro there is an easy way to add your range selections to the header of the report, or you can create a cover page with all this information on it if you want.