refunds

General information about Medisoft
billing1

refunds

Post by billing1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:57 pm

how can i print out statements that have a - in other words i want to print out all patient statements that have a -(minus next to it) is this possible and how do i do it thanks

Gavin Walker

Re: refunds

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Go to Reports -> Patient Statements -> select your statement (recommend a standard type statement)

When the Data Selection Questions window comes up, enter a Statement Total Range of -999999 to -0.01. :D
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

billing1

Post by billing1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:50 pm

awesome thanks

jsugal

Post by jsugal » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi Mr. Walker,
We recently had 2 Insurance companies pay for a patient's hospital visit. One was her Insurance Co. and the other was her car Insurance. We want to refund the patient some money. How do we do this? Under the Payments/Ajustments/ comments, there isn't a Refund option under the Pay/Adj Code box. Could you please walk us through this? thank you so much

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:03 am

In Lists -> Procedure/Payment/Adjustment Codes create a new code called "REFUND" and give it a Code Type of Adjustment. Make sure the box Make Adjustment Negative stays selected. Now, use this code to enter the patient's refund.

jsugal

Post by jsugal » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:12 pm

Thank you for the information Mr. Walker. Just to clarify, we want to refund money back to the patient by issuing them a company check. When We created the REFUND with he code type ADJUSTMENT and left the box selected for "Make Adjustment Negative", it added the refund back to the patients medisoft account (as a credit). Since we wanted to subtract that credit from their account and issue a check for the amount, we removed the check mark from "Make Adjustments Negative" and the numbers on Medisoft were correct. Basically, the patient had a credit of $140 in her account (due to over-payment of Insurance companies) and she wanted to keep $30 in Medisoft ( for her upcoming visit and co-pay) and the rest via check.

Is it correct to leave the REFUND code with the "Make Adjustment Negative" not selected?

Thank you so much by the way! It's taken forever to find a Medisoft Forum. We really appreciate it.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:18 pm

My bad. Make Adjustment Negative should be de-selected.