I am NEW to Medisoft. HELP!!!!!!

General information about Medisoft
lhammell

I am NEW to Medisoft. HELP!!!!!!

Post by lhammell » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:45 pm

I am getting a MAP.EXE error periodically when I go to print a paper claim. Any ideas to correct this issue?

Also I would like to have a AT modifer to always print for code 98940 for just Medicare. In my older Medisoft version I put it in the alternate code under procedure code set up but it doesn't seem to work the same.

How are clinics setting up their billing codes? And billing codes by case?
Thanks!

Gavin Walker

Re: I am NEW to Medisoft. HELP!!!!!!

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:02 am

Try turning off Bidirectional Communication in your Windows printer driver properties. Depending on your print driver, this might be called something different. Medisoft does not work well with some printer drivers. This usually disables the out-of-ink reminder.

You can setup four default modifiers on the procedure code. From then on, any time that procedure is used, the modifier will default onto the transaction line. You can then change the modifier to whatever you want in Enter Transactions.

I am not sure what you mean by billing codes. In Medisoft we typically use the billing code on the case to split out our claims or statements into different batches. If you don't need to do this, then you can just leave the default billing code of "A".
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386