IMPORTANT: Clarification on EHR Promotion

Posts related to Medisoft Clinical go here. You should consult with your Medisoft Clinical VAR if you are unsure about any configuration changes suggested here.
Gavin Walker

IMPORTANT: Clarification on EHR Promotion

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:36 pm

IMPORTANT: Clarification on EHR Promotion and Subscription Bundle Discount

In January, we rolled out a new promotion for this quarter called the “EHR Certification Package.” Under this promotion, we are giving three free months of software assurance plus 40% off a “meaningful use subscription bundle.” The promotion is for this quarter only, effective from January 10, 2011 through March 25, 2011. There have been a number of questions surrounding this promotion. Please read below for answers to the frequently asked questions.

How do I receive the three free months of software assurance?
When you purchase 12 months of software assurance for Practice Partner, Medisoft Clinical or Lytec MD, you will receive 15 months of software assurance for the price of 12 months.

Which subscriptions are included in the meaningful use subscription bundle?
The meaningful use subscription bundle includes ePrescribing, Clinical Tools, Patient Education, and Procedure and Diagnosis Code Updates.

Is the one-time setup fee for Rx Hub and SureScripts included in the meaningful use subscription bundle?
No, the one-time setup fee for RxHub and SureScripts is not included in the meaningful use subscription bundle. It is, however, a required service. It is $375 per practice.

How is the 40% discount on the meaningful use subscription bundle determined?
The list price of the bundle will be calculated by adding the MSRP for the four subscriptions and then reducing the total by 40%. Therefore, the new promotional list price for the bundle (after reducing the original prices of the components by 40%) is $489 per provider per year.

What is the value to me?
Under the promotion, you will save $346 per provider per year.

Can I continue to order the subscriptions a-la-carte if I do not need all four subscriptions?
Yes, you can continue to order the subscriptions individually. However, there will not be a discount on the subscriptions when they are ordered individually.

Can this promotion be combined with other promotions such as the Chiro and Podiatry rebate promotions?
No, as with other McKesson promotions, this promotion may not be combined with any other promotion that is currently running.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386