Electronic HIPAA and Registration

Posts related to Medisoft Clinical go here. You should consult with your Medisoft Clinical VAR if you are unsure about any configuration changes suggested here.
drmurphy

Electronic HIPAA and Registration

Post by drmurphy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:26 am

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with utilizing an ipad to have patients sign their HIPAA paperwork as well as input their registration information directly into Medisoft EMR. This could save many steps, but does our software have that capability? If so, how much could it do? Could it also select the pharmacy?
We have all of the documents in Word form, so getting the info into an electronic format will not be a big feat.
And I'm sure that we will still have to check what has been entered, i.e. ID numbers for insurance plans.

Thoughts, good or bad????
CW Murphy, MD
Ob-Gyn

Gavin Walker

Re: Electronic HIPAA and Registration

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:03 am

Medisoft Mobile has the capability to setup these types of forms up. A possible problem is the patient checks the box to accept the documents rather than draw an actual signature on the tablet. There is also a feature where the patient can update their demographics and update their insurance info or enter it all from scratch. The patient demographics goes to the pending patient window in Medisoft for your staff to compare what the patient entered on the tablet versus what is already in the database and they can accept what was entered entirely or on a field by field basis.

The ability to select the pharmacy is not there though.

Medisoft Mobile works on iPad or Android tablet.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386