UAC

Posts related to Medisoft Clinical go here. You should consult with your Medisoft Clinical VAR if you are unsure about any configuration changes suggested here.
drmurphy

UAC

Post by drmurphy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:07 am

We had most of the office upgraded to windows 10.
I am not as familiar with windows 10 with medisoft but I'm being told that UAC has to always be turned off. The same for windows firewall.

Both were turned off on the installs of clinical on the workstations however we are being told that sometimes, on windows updates, UAC and Windows firewall can get turned on again.

When this happens, Medisoft clinical will not load. Our staff does not have the knowledge to, and I don't want them to turn off UAC, etc.
Is anyone else having this same intermittent problem?
CW Murphy, MD
Ob-Gyn

Gavin Walker

Re: UAC

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:27 am

Yes, we are recommending that UAC be turned off and the firewall be properly configured. Yes, they both can get turned back on again during a Windows update. The firewall only needs to be stopped during an install. We do have a .REG file that we can give to our support customers that they can double-click to disable UAC in the registry. You should talk to your Medisoft support about doing something similar. Take care.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386