One method to do this would be via direct message. You will need the provider's direct address and set them up as a referring source in Clinical.
To send an electronic summary of care record via direct message:
1. Click the Msg icon on the toolbar. The Messages screen appears.
2. Click the New button. The New Message screen appears.
3. Click the To button. The Select Destination screen appears.
4. Select External Provider and the list of referring sources setup in Clinical are displayed. Select the provider. The Direct Address of this provider will need to be setup in the referring source.
5. If you have a staff member send a message on your behalf, then they should select your id in the On Behalf field.
6. Click the Patient button to select the patient whose summary of care record is being sent.
7. Enter an appropriate subject line and a message, if desired.
8. Click the Attachments button. The Attachments screen appears.
9. Click the Export Medical Summary Button.
10. After the CCDA file is added to the Attachments screen, click the Close button to return to the New Message screen.
11. Click the Send button to send the message.
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC