Scanning documents and entering data into Medisoft

Posts related to Medisoft Clinical go here. You should consult with your Medisoft Clinical VAR if you are unsure about any configuration changes suggested here.
darrellsmith

Scanning documents and entering data into Medisoft

Post by darrellsmith » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:43 am

I'm still new to Medisoft, but the practice has been on version 19 for some time.

We have a user that scans patient data and then enters some of that data into a form (I'd call it metadata) on Medisoft. He has to reselect the provider and a couple of other fields every time he scans a document. Before we ran updates to v19 he was able to retain the last selections so he didn't have to re-select the same data every time he scanned.

Is there a way to set up some defaults for him? I haven't found a way.

Thanks

Gavin Walker

Re: Scanning documents and entering data into Medisoft

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:05 pm

I assume you are setting a few fields on the Case before scanning. You can use the Set Defaults button to setup the defaults for a new case. If Defaults get setup the wrong way, you can press CTRL and then the button changes to Remove Defaults to remove them. The most elegant scanning solution I have found for Medisoft is with a third-party solution called TTScanner that we carry. TTScanner will streamline things even further for you.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

darrellsmith

Post by darrellsmith » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks Gavin

I think I didn't explain very well about the problem. Here is a snip from the screen in question...we are in Medisoft Clinical Zoom.

The fields highlighted in yellow are the ones that we used to be able to leave alone and not reset between scans.

I would like to hear more about TTScanner so I'll go look for it.

Thanks
Darrell
Attachments
scanning_defaults.jpg
scanning_defaults.jpg (100.72 KiB) Viewed 22747 times

RiaH

Post by RiaH » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:42 pm

The screenshot you posted is from Zoom inside of Clinical. The only Configuration options available are under File > Configuration > Behavior Tab. Here you can select/or not, to Clear patient/insurance data after saving along with select/or not to Clear Note/Attachment data after saving (this last one I believe you want deselected).
Attachments
Zoom Config.JPG
Zoom Config.JPG (53.94 KiB) Viewed 22737 times
Zoom Config.JPG
Zoom Config.JPG (40.63 KiB) Viewed 22738 times

darrellsmith

Post by darrellsmith » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:46 am

RiaH-

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to respond to our problem but under the Behavior tab we have the all the upper boxes cleared. The Section field is retained between scans but Title: and Ordered By: need to be re-chosen with each scan.

This behavior changed after our latest update.

Thanks
Darrell

RiaH

Post by RiaH » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:40 am

Darrell,

My recommendation is to have at least the first two fields selected. If the last radio button is selected in the Default Note Date section then it may clear all of the data.
If trying this does not create any changes, then you may need a technician to look at the issue. We offer tech support service on a month to month basis & annual. We'd be happy to assist you further if needed.

carine14

Post by carine14 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:06 am

Hi,
I found that I cannot scan documents if my printer is attached to the USB port of the NAS. The printer is a Multi-Function. Does anyone know what is the problem?
Thanks

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:26 pm

The computer you are running Zoom from has to be able to see the scanner across the network or the scanner must be plugged directly into the computer you are using.

carine14

Post by carine14 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:07 am

Gavin Walker wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:26 pm
The computer you are running Zoom from has to be able to see the scanner across the network or the scanner must be plugged directly into the computer you are using.
Thanks for the solution. My problem got solved through his.

daria719

Post by daria719 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:03 am

Hello...

1. How would I best plan for a record filtering venture..? also, Do you check non-standard-measure records..?
Please ans me...
Thank you in Advanec..

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:55 am

Hi Daria, can you start a new topic and provide more details on what it is you are trying to do?