Medication reconciliation metric gone awry

Posts related to Medisoft Clinical go here. You should consult with your Medisoft Clinical VAR if you are unsure about any configuration changes suggested here.
lillyeye

Medication reconciliation metric gone awry

Post by lillyeye » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Since upgrading to the latest version of Clinical, the Medication reconciliation is not counting the relevant med recs. The numbers are a fraction of what they should be. If I look on the actual encounter, the box for "clinical reconciliation" is checked and in the patient's chart, both the meds and allergy reconciliations are done. Yet, doesn't count for the metric. Does anyone know what triggers this to be relevant? Is this an issue that requires a patch to be downloaded to fix?

RiaH

Re: Medication reconciliation metric gone awry

Post by RiaH » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:59 am

The only encounters that will trigger on the Perf Metric Report are the ones set in the ppart.ini. You will need to double check your relevant encounter setting there to make certain each encounter type is selected as relevant for Med Rec.

lillyeye

Post by lillyeye » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:49 am

Thank you Ria. I double checked the ppart.ini file. All of our appointments are labeled as NOR through Medisoft/Office Hours. It must be the default. Prior to upgrade, when we had an "inbound" patient that was significant for the med rec, we simply changed the encounter to Inbound on the Clinical encounter screen. I am not sure how to change this NOR TOV code on Office Hours to list other types of appointments. Now, even the encounters that are listed as Inbound and clinical reconciliation relevant, are not counted. Of course, if I change the NOR visit code to be relevant for med rec., it will count all the visits that aren't necessarily relevant. Is there a way to add another type of visit code to the Office Hours/Clinical bridge? Am I even thinking this correctly?

RiaH

Post by RiaH » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Inbound patients are identified in the system as NP = New Patient - those are the ones you want to make certain are counting. Are your inbound patients being scheduled as New Patients?

lillyeye

Post by lillyeye » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:38 pm

All of our patients are scheduled through the Medisoft practice management program. Medisoft practice management has Office Hours program. There is some kind of interface that links the patients who are scheduled in Office Hours to the schedule dash in Medisoft Clinical. I don't see any way to input a TOV code in Office Hours, nor can I alter the "NOR" TOV which the interface must assign. I did check the ppart.ini file settings and saw the New Patient (NP) TOV code. It was marked as Inbound and a Y for relevant for med rec. This scheduling interface does not seem to work that well because many times, patients cancel an appointment and they are taken off the Office Hours schedule, yet they continue to show up on the Medisoft Clinical dash. Grrrr.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:57 pm

What version of Medisoft, Practice Partner, and MPIC do you have installed?
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

lillyeye

Post by lillyeye » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:03 am

Medisoft PM and Medisoft Clinical V19. MPIC 2.1.2.10

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:15 am

And is your Practice Partner (or "Clinical") v9.5 or v11?

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:03 pm

I believe this issue was fixed with MPIC v2.2 and version 2.2 was enhanced to work with both Practice Partner v9.5.2 and v11.