Inserting Images in Medisoft Clinical

Posts related to Medisoft Clinical go here. You should consult with your Medisoft Clinical VAR if you are unsure about any configuration changes suggested here.
lillyeye

Inserting Images in Medisoft Clinical

Post by lillyeye » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:48 am

Whenever I insert an image from file into a patient's chart, a couple of strange things happen. First, the image is inserted way down the page rather than right after the cursor, leaving a ton of blank space between the note title and the actual image. You have to scroll down just to get to the image. Second, whenever I print the note containing the image, it prints out two pages – the first being mostly blank – and only about a fourth of the image. The rest is cut off. The image being inserted is not too big to fit on one page. It will fit on one page at its actual size if printed through other programs such as Paint or Word (without having to adjust the print options to "fit to one page"). Medisoft seems to be printing it out several times larger than it is. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix this?

Gavin Walker

Re: Inserting Images in Medisoft Clinical

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:40 am

What version of "Practice Partner" are you using?
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

lillyeye

Post by lillyeye » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:34 am

We use the most recent versions of Medisoft and Medisoft Clinical. V19 of Medisoft and I believe the Clinical says it is "Practice Partner or Clinical " version 11.0

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:51 am

It could be the IMAGE_SCALE setting in your PPART.INI file.

1. Make a backup of the PPart.ini file. For example, copy the file and rename it as ppart.bak.
2. Use WordPad, Notepad, or another text editor to open the file.
3. Under the heading PrinterOverrides there is the line IMAGE_SCALE= which can be used. Edit this line according to the sites preferences.
This configuration controls the size of the graphs, certain images, flowcharts, and health maintenance items printed from Patient Records. It does not effect PLINK, PLINK2, ECG, or Spirometry.

Set to IMAGE_SCALE=Default, the document will be printed out without any special scaling.

4. Save the file.

lillyeye

Post by lillyeye » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:01 am

Thank you so much for your suggestion, Gavin. I followed your instructions and set the Image Scale=Default. Unfortunately, this did not seem to change the image at all. Images look the same as they did on the Fit_Page default setting. I exited the program and restarted every time I made a change, but nothing seems to alter the image. I am at a loss. Patient's test results are useless to print out and send to other physicians :(