Printer Group setup

Posts related to Medisoft Clinical go here. You should consult with your Medisoft Clinical VAR if you are unsure about any configuration changes suggested here.
ytyutyunik

Printer Group setup

Post by ytyutyunik » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi Gavin,

I am setting up a printer group for User that would access Medisoft Clinical via Remote Desktop.
User is not admin and doesn't have rights to add/edit System Environment Variable or change registry. Should I set up User Environment variable instead PP_PRINT=MyGroup1? I've created a several print groups that user might use in different locations and assigned printer for various categories including Charts and Reports. What is the way to set it up so user can change print group depending on his/her location? I've mapped a drive P: to a server's P: drive. Then I have added ppart.ini file to p:\ppart location for that Remote Desktop User.

After that I've added the following to the ppart.ini:

[PrintGroup]
Print_Group=MyGroup1

It seams that setting is not loaded properly.

When I am at home logged in as that user I am able to print to my local (redirected) printer and also I can see and able to print to office's network printer, but changing a group doesn't have any effect.

Also, when I am in office and RDP to the server from laptop (wireless), I am getting error that default printer is not setup.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Yevgeniy