Using Billflash for the first time

Enter your billing questions or comments here.
workerbee

Using Billflash for the first time

Post by workerbee » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:46 pm

I signed up for Billflash and am attempting to send two statements as a test run. I go through the Statement Management/Create Statements and they both show up as Ready to Send. The next screen is set to "Electronic" and the Billflash standard statement is populated. I hit OK and I always get the message "There are no statements to be printed using the filters specified."

I have tried leaving all the filters blank, only putting in the patients name, changing the dates, etc. Obviously I have missed checking off something somewhere that will allow these statements to be generated.

Is there some easy fix you can think of that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Edit to Add: I changed the report type to "Remainder" instead of "Standard and if the patient's insurance has paid, it creates the statement correctly. If the patient's insurance made no payment, then it only showed charge for Day 1 of a 10 day hospital stay - charging $300 instead of $2500. :cry: I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Gavin Walker

Re: Using Billflash for the first time

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:28 pm

The default statement type for BillFlash is Remainder type. These statements only print the remaining balance only AFTER insurance has paid. Do you need these to be Standard type statements printing the entire balance due even before insurance has paid?
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

workerbee

Post by workerbee » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:02 pm

We filed the insurance and the patient had cancelled the insurance - he was already a patient in the hospital so he was seen for 10 days.

So we got no payment from the insurance company. When I create the statement, I need for it to show all 10 visits. I'm not sure why it's only showing the 1st visit.

Also, I've been playing around with it this afternoon. I realized once a statement shows as "sent", even if I change the status on the statement management screen from sent to ready to send, it will not send it. I guess it thinks it's a duplicate. I can't figure out how to change it so it thinks it's a new bill.

Thanks for your help.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Delete the insurance off the case record or create a new case if appropriate. If you delete the insurance, then you need to go into Transaction Entry and click Update All.

If the statement has already been sent, you need to either rebill the statement or you can setup your program options for cycle billing and then delete the statement records and then from here on when a statement is sent, it will auto-rebill according to the cycle you setup.

workerbee

Post by workerbee » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:22 am

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much!