Claims Transmitting in ICD-9 Format

Enter your billing questions or comments here.
AlanRowMD1

Claims Transmitting in ICD-9 Format

Post by AlanRowMD1 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:44 pm

Hello,

I am confused on an issue I have had when transmitting claims with the new ICD-10 codes. Zirmed is the clearing house this office uses.

Initially, the first batch submitted with ICD-10 codes rejected every claim. Upon editing (in Zirmed), the claims had the "ICD-9" box selected, instead of "ICD-10". I had to manually edit each claim to select the "ICD-10" box, because the ICD-10 codes were used in the claims. In doing this, the claims were processed and submitted successfully. I called Zirmed and was told the problem was somewhere in Medisoft. I searched under "Medisoft Help" and found instructions on changing the ICD-10 effective date for every insurance carrier, and updated accordingly. Upon submitting the next batch of claims, I ran into the same issue. What else needs to be done in Medisoft for the claims to go out as ICD-10?

I called MedTech, but was referred here; my boss will not permit anyone outside of the office to access our data, so instructions on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Madison
Insurance & Billing
Alan D. Row M.D., P.A.

Gavin Walker

Re: Claims Transmitting in ICD-9 Format

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:23 pm

This question has been asked dozens of times since 10/1. Do a Search. Either your iGuide is setup wrong or your ICD-10 cut-over date is not set in the insurance record. I suppose we could do a one on one training at $125 per hour and show you how we would set this up in the tutorial database and then hopefully you can do the same thing in your live database.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386