Version 19 using the electronic billing option

Enter your billing questions or comments here.
RICKEYMIKE

Version 19 using the electronic billing option

Post by RICKEYMIKE » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Upgraded last year in time for the 2-12 format. Been sending my claims electronically to my clearinghouse without a problem. Now that I want to test with the clearinghouse for icd 10, I'm finding out that the electronic batch file that I create and save (text file) is not compliant. When I open the raw data file, the claims are in the old 1500 format. Apparently Medisoft did not update this area. Paper claims print fine. Is there some fix so that I can send claims after 10/1 or do I have to ditch V19 or send ALL claims by paper.

Gavin Walker

Re: Version 19 using the electronic billing option

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:45 pm

You are sending print image claims. You need to switch to ANSI 5010 claims. You can work with a VAR who can set this up for you. We can setup ANSI 5010 claims for Medisoft or Lytec. Just browse here and select Revenue Management Setup.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

RICKEYMIKE

Post by RICKEYMIKE » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Gavin, I submitted a test file using my usual method.
The results from my clearinghouse states:

"Adjusted old hcfa format scanner to allow for icd-10 codes."
You can send your ICD-9 codes as normal and when ICD-10 hits you should be good to go!

Does this look like I'm OK for Oct 1? When you say you can setup ANSI 5010, are you saying you can go into my Medisoft and change something that will allow print image files to generate in the new 2-12 format? Or are you talking about additional software that I would use to send claims. I've heard of the software called "SIMPLE" that a local vendor is touting as a fix. But it comes with a $500 price tag.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:39 pm

You need to switch to ANSI 5010 claims. Print image will continue to send ICD-9 codes after the cut-over date and your clearinghouse can't up code ICD-9 to ICD-10. Save your money on Simple837, Medisoft already comes with the software you need. It just needs to be setup. Follow the like I put on the previous post if you need us to set it up for you.

RICKEYMIKE

Post by RICKEYMIKE » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:50 am

Gavin, On my test file, the icd-10 codes are coming out on the raw data image but the pointers are still 1,2,3,4 instead of ABCD. Print image is NOT sending ICD-9 codes. This is when I "print/send" electronic claims, then save to a text file.
If I change from "electronic" to "paper" claims, hit print/send, then "export" file and save, the raw data file is in the 2-12 format with the ABCD pointers. So I have two choices to send to my clearinghouse. I don't believe that I have "Revenue Management" If you have the time, can you give me a call so that I can understand further. My email is rickeymike at aol dot com
Last edited by Gavin Walker on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: modified the email address so it doesn't get harvested by spam robots.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:13 pm

I will email you the Rev. Mgmt. Manual.

RICKEYMIKE

Post by RICKEYMIKE » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Gavin, I sent a test batch with ICD-10 codes to my clearinghouse. They said that I was good to go and they would handle any conversion of data on their end. I even called them again to make sure of what they told me and they said it was guaranteed. So at least for the forseable future I should be OK. Thanks, Rickey

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:46 am

Hi Rickey, I tried to email you but it bounced back saying the AOL email service was unavailable. They are quite touchy about spam, so you can try white-listing our domain - medtechsys.net and it might go through. Otherwise, do you have another email we can use?