Medicare billing direct from Medisoft electronic -possible?

Enter your billing questions or comments here.
STRESS

Medicare billing direct from Medisoft electronic -possible?

Post by STRESS » Tue May 12, 2009 3:50 pm

We have recently started doing electronic billing...love it. But I only sent one test case to Medicare. It was rejected. It said not enough info. Xray date missing...well we do not have a xray on file for patient so I left it blank. I also wanted to know under the misc tab I filled in the nature of cond and so forth, but that changes regularly. I currently use the PC-ACE program (hate it). I have medisoft v12. Can someone please help me.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed May 13, 2009 8:56 am

To submit electronic claims direct to Medicare using Medisoft, you must have the direct module that was built for your Medicare intermediary. Then it is entered on the Case -> Condition Tab -> Last X-Ray Date.

You might consider submitting all your claims electronically through a clearinghouse rather than going direct to each payer. Then the answer above will depend on which clearinghouse you choose.

I don't know how to do this with PC-Ace. Maybe someone can chime in how to do this with that software.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

STRESS

Post by STRESS » Wed May 13, 2009 11:19 am

how or where do I get this module? I use a clearing house Office Ally. I input data send it to them and they send it out.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Thu May 14, 2009 8:41 am

We sell the direct modules for Medisoft. You will need to upgrade your Medisoft to version 15 and then purchase the module. To arrive at a final price we need to know where you are located so we can determine which Medicare intermediary you should submit to. Then we will need to know what model of Medisoft you are using (Basic, Advanced, or Network Pro). Then we will need to know about any other add on modules and interfaces you might have as well as how many users you have. Modules for version 12 are no longer being sold and we are out of stock on the old modules. Most of the Medicare Modules cost $1,299.

You might also check with Office Ally. I would be surprised if they do not handle Medicare in your region. It would not be direct, but it would probably cost less and you can send all of your claims to one place. You will need to check with them on how to submit that last x-ray date.

There are other clearinghouses that I know will work with your version of Medisoft if you can't get Office Ally to work.