Medicare Drug Codes

Enter your billing questions or comments here.
missmissy67

Medicare Drug Codes

Post by missmissy67 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi,
I need help does anyone know if Medicare changed the way they are accepting the drug codes?
I have billed them to Medicare the same way forever and for some reason they are now denying my drug codes. I am attaching the NDC#, Quantity, and Dollar amount in the EDI note field. I spoke to a Medicare rep and she told me its not coming through on the claim I need HELP. I am attaching the EDI note just like I did before so I don't know if its on Relay's End or if its on Medicare's end.
If anyone can help its greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Michelle

Gavin Walker

Re: Medicare Drug Codes

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Most payers switched to an 11 digit NDC number a couple of years ago. Maybe your payer just now started enforcing it. What rejection message are you receiving? What billing software and version are you using?
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

missmissy67

Post by missmissy67 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:57 pm

Hi Gavin,
I have been using the 11 Digit NDC numbers for awhile now.
I am receiving a rejection code of co-16 the claims lacks information which is needed for adjudication.
We are currently using Medisoft version 17 service pack 3 we bill through Relay Health.
What do you think?
Michelle

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:00 am

CO-16 can mean about anything. You'll probably need to call Medicare to get specifics including loop and segment where the error is occurring. Here is a topic that covers issues with NDC codes that many were having: http://medtechsys.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... &hilit=ndc

StephanieElla

Post by StephanieElla » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:53 am

Hi, how are you everybody? I hope well blessing by GOD. I saw all post very helpful for me. some information share : Holistic medicine is best described as the field of alternative medicine, which is very diverse and broad. Holistic medicine Providers offer a wide range of healing techniques, including those associated with emotional and spiritual care in addition to physical assets in an effort to let your body do its natural remedies healing. Holistic medicine is an approach to health.