Co pays

Enter your billing questions or comments here.
dborders

Co pays

Post by dborders » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:11 am

Hi,

How do you not charge a client for copays??? I am getting a new doctor and the last billing company did not charge for that, but I don't know how to subtract that, because what if they don't pay at the office and I bill the pt I am doing the work on that??

Also is there a way to get an old account who we are not billing for anymore there pt ledger data in pdf form??

Thank you!

Dawn Borders
Borders Biling Corp.

Gavin Walker

Re: Co pays

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:47 pm

We run a small billing service ourselves and we do not charge for copays under the condition that it is collected at the time of visit in the doctor's office. What we do is enter those as copayment type payment codes in Medisoft. When we run Practice Analysis at the end of the month to total up what we did, there is a nice subtotal showing cash, check, and credit card copayments. If the patient pays their copay on a statement that we mail out, then we enter it as a regular payment.

We wrote a custom patient statement years ago for just the situation you describe. It details the first 4 diagnosis codes and it also shows primary and secondary insurance information along with the patient's policy information. You could easily print this to a PDF print-driver such as PrimoPDF. We can sell the report "as-is" for $45 or for $180 if you need any customization. Just private message me if you need this.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

dborders

Re: Co pays

Post by dborders » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:12 pm

Thank you Gavin :)