Sub-element SV101-07 is missing error?

Enter your billing questions or comments here.
saxman2u

Sub-element SV101-07 is missing error?

Post by saxman2u » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:40 am

All of a sudden i get this error for J3490:

RMSG: HIPAA R0x393967e Loop: 2400 Segment: SV1 Element: 1
Sub-element SV101-07 is missing. It is required when procedure code is non-specific (
SV101-02 is 'J3490'). Segment SV1 is defined in the guideline at position 3700.

In medisoft, the CPT code description is "Unclassified Drug"

Medisoft help says:

Unspecified Procedure Descriptions –When billing for a non-specific, not
otherwise classified (NOC), unlisted, unspecified, or unclassified procedure code,
the 5010 TR3 requires that a brief narrative description of the service rendered
must be submitted in Loop 2400 element SV101-07.

Does this mean I need to change the description to the actual drug that is being used? We have been sending the NDC # in an EDI note for years, so, this is a first.

Gavin Walker

Re: Sub-element SV101-07 is missing error?

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 pm

First, check for updates to Revenue Management. McKesson released several updates to fix this earlier in the year.

Steps to Populate the 2400 SV101-7 Element for NOC Procedure Codes
NOC (Not Otherwise Classified) procedure codes need to have the 2400 SV101-7 element populated to get the claims accepted at many carriers. Below are instructions of how to populate that element for Medisoft.

Medisoft
  • In transaction entry, if the end-user does not have NDC drug information on the service line or on the procedure code, RM will always pull the description directly off the procedure code itself and write it to 2400 SV101-7. This handles all payers and clearinghouses who want to see the procedure description for all non-drug related procedure codes.

In transaction entry, if the end-user does have NDC drug information on the service line or on the procedure code, RM will never pull any description for the procedure code and will leave 2400 SV101-7 empty. This handles all payers and clearinghouses who do not want to see the procedure description for all drug related procedure codes.

In transaction entry, if the end-user does have NDC drug information on the service line or on the procedure code, but are getting the PSV10100:SL PROC DESCRIPTION REQUIRED rejection because RM is not pulling any description for the procedure code, they need to highlight the service line, click the Note button, select EDI: Unclassified procedure description from the drop-down list, and enter a custom description for the procedure/service. RM will always pull a custom description from the Note button regardless of whether they have NDC drug information present or not. This handles all payers and clearinghouses who want to see the procedure description for all unclassified or other procedure codes, even if drug information might be present.
Last edited by Gavin Walker on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleaned up formatting issues that occurred when we switched to MySQL database
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386

chazzu

Post by chazzu » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:17 pm

I have tried it and it does not work. My clearinghouse says that there is nothing showing up on the loop 2400 Segment SV1 on any of my bills. Please help.

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:27 am

Assuming you ran a Check for Updates in the Revenue Management program group, did you enter in an EDI Unclassified procedure description in Transaction Entry on the transaction line in question? Possibly yours is setup to use a custom IGuide that is not being updated by McKesson. If that is the case, switch your IGuide back to 837P MS17 5010 Claims - Standard.

saxman2u

Post by saxman2u » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:49 am

hello,
so, I was able to fix this problem back in December. I appreciate your help. We are note getting any EDI rejects for procedure code J3490. The claims are making it to the insurance company. BTW, we have two different unclassified drugs we administer in the office, so, we do not have an NDC # for J3490 inputted under the procedure/payment/adjustment codes list. we have left this box blank.

A new problem has seemed to surface over the last 8 weeks or so in that the insurance companies are requesting the NDC number 30-45 days later when the paper EOB's come back to our office. It is like they can;t find the information in the electronic claim. We have been putting the NDC and drug info in the transaction entry by clicking ""NOTE - EDI:UNCLASSIFIED PROCEDURE DESCRIPTION - and then inputting the NDC number in the text box". Medicare can see these notes just fine, as well as Aetna, but all other commercial insurance companies seem to not be able to find the NDC. This is causing a lot of paperwork in the office.

we have tried two other ways to send the NDC but the clearing house is rejecting these 2 other ways. In transaction entry, we click on details and enter the NDC info here, and we get this from availity:

Sub-element SV101-07 is missing. It is required when procedure co
de is non-specific (SV101-02 is 'J3490'). Segment SV1 is defined in the guideline at pos
ition 3700.

the other way we tried was clicking EDI notes, line NTE, then ADD and entereing the info here, and we get a slightly different error from availity:
Sub-element
SV101-07 is missing. It is required when procedure code is non-specific (SV101-02 is 'J3
490'). Segment SV1 is defined in the guideline at position 3700.

thanks for any ideas. I have a call into the mega easy people as well.

-S

Gavin Walker

Post by Gavin Walker » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:01 am

The instructions above work with Revenue Management. If you use Mega Easy, then you will need to work with them directly on that. Post back here what you find out in case another Mega Easy user has the same issue.

saxman2u

Post by saxman2u » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:02 am

ok, will do, i have a call into them and waiting for them to call back. thanks for the quick response.