Submitting a claim to secondary insurance

Enter your billing questions or comments here.
lynzyk

Submitting a claim to secondary insurance

Post by lynzyk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:31 pm

Hello,

I submitted a claim many months ago. The EOB came back, and there was a balance owed. When I finally got a hold of the patient, they informed me that they wanted to submit the balance to workers comp. I added all the secondary insurance information and went to claim management to print the claim and submit it. It shows the first claim as being marked, "done," and the secondary insurance marked, "ready to send" (and says paper which I want.) No matter what I do, it won't allow me to create a claim or print anything for the secondary insurance.

I have not run into this problem with many other secondary insurances so I can only guess it's because I added the secondary insurance after the first insurance was submitted and a portion paid. I know this must be a simple fix, and I have clicked everything in an attempt to make it print the second claim, but no go. I have also tried printing the second claim right from the patient chart, and that also didn't work. I double-checked under the second insurance that I added for it to be marked as a paper claim and also checked in claim management that was selected. Any direction would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

L

Gavin Walker

Re: Submitting a claim to secondary insurance

Post by Gavin Walker » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:38 am

In Transaction Entry click Update All and do this any time you add or remove insurance after entering the charge.
Gavin Walker
Walker Tek Solutions, LLC
417-890-6777 x0
fax: 417-763-6386